You can never have enough healthy low calorie snack recipes. After all, your snacks are supposed to be just that- snacks. They are supposed to keep you satisfied in-between meals without making you feel too stuffed.
One of the major problems most people face with snacks is that they tend to overeat. This causes a sharp rise in their overall calorie count for the day without them really realizing all the extra calories they are consuming.
This is why it is helpful to always have some healthy low calorie snack recipes handy. It doesn’t matter whether you are craving something savory, salty, or sweet, we have got you covered. Most of these recipes do not require more than two steps and can be prepared in advance for days when you don’t have time to step into the kitchen.
Snacks are the best way to power through the day. You can pack them up in your bag or purse and take them along with you wherever you go. Most of these snacks do not go bad easily, meaning you can have them on the go to satiate those random pangs of hunger that arise out of nowhere.
Here are some healthy low calorie snack recipes that will not make you feel guilty:
If you’re looking for an easy recipe, this garlic hummus recipe will not disappoint. All you need is a food processor and a couple of ingredients that will leave you licking your fingers.
The secret to making the best hummus is using the liquid from a can of chickpeas. This liquid ensures that the hummus is extra creamy and extra smooth. You can serve the garlic hummus with pita chips, crudites, or veggie chips. If you want to be a little unhealthy, feel free to scoop up hummus with a bag of store-bought crisps.
Here is everything you need to know:
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Total servings: 8
- Chickpeas: 1 can without added salt
- Tahini: ¼ cup
- Olive oil: ¼ cup, extra virgin
- Lemon juice: ¼ cup
- Ground cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Keep ¼ cup of the liquid aside.
- Pour these two into a food processor, along with all the other ingredients.
- Puree thoroughly. This should take 2 to 3 minutes.
Calories per serving (per ¼ cup)
- 155 calories
Popcorn is an all-time favorite snack that you can never really have enough of. Whether you want to munch on something while watching your favorite movie or feel hungry in the middle of the night as you scroll through your phone, popcorn is always a great option.
The best way to make your popcorn a little more exciting is by adding lemon and parmesan cheese. After all, snacking on popcorn all the time can feel boring. However, this new way will keep your bowl of popcorn exciting.
Here is everything you need to know about lemon-parm popcorn:
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Olive oil: 2 teaspoons
- Lemon pepper: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: To taste
- Popcorn: 3 cups, air-popped
- Parmesan cheese: 1 tablespoon, freshly grated
- Take a small bowl and add in salt, lemon pepper, and oil.
- Drizzle this mixture over your popcorn and coat them evenly by tossing them around in a big bowl.
- Make the popcorn.
- Sprinkle freshly made popcorn with parmesan and eat immediately.
Calories per serving (per 1 ½ cup)
- 99 calories
Cocoa-Cherry Pistachio Energy Balls
If you like snacking, you definitely need to keep energy balls handy around the house. They are great to have on the go and can be used for breakfast, as well as a late-night snack when you are craving something sweet before bedtime.
In fact, the pistachios and dried cherries in this recipe make these energy balls sweet and savory. Eat them during the day or pack them for the gym- the options are endless. All you need to do is ensure that these energy balls are kept in the fridge whenever you are not using them so that they do not melt, fall apart, or crumble.
Here is everything you need to know about making cocoa-cherry pistachio cherry balls:
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 32
- Dried cherries: 1 ½ cup
- Worcestershire sauce: ¾ or as needed
- Almond butter: ½ cup
- Cocoa powder: 3 tablespoons
- Pure maple syrup: 4 tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
- In a food processor, mix cinnamon, pistachios, cherries, cocoa powder, almond butter, and maple syrup. Start pulsing till you are sure that everything is chopped finely. This should take 10 to 20 pulses.
- Continue processing for 10 minutes. Scrapedown the sides to ensure that everything is blended properly. The mixture needs to be crumbly so that it can form the shape of a ball.
- Wet your hands to ensure that the mixture does not stick to them. Then, take one tablespoon of mixture between your hands and start rolling it up into the shape of a ball. Do this with the rest of the mixture.
- Store the balls in a storage container.
- Refrigerate for as long as you need- 3 months maximum.
Calories per serving (per 1 ball)
- 72 calories
Yogurt with blueberries
Are you craving something sweet? What better than the natural sweetness that you can find in yogurt? For the most satisfying snack, you need some Greek yogurt that is rich in protein and some fresh blueberries.
Everything you need to know about making yogurt with blueberries:
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 1
- Greek yogurt: 1 cup, plain and non-fat
- Blueberries: ¼
- Stevia: Optional, as needed
- In a bowl, take out some yogurt.
- Mix in stevia so that it is nicely combined with the yogurt. You should not be able to feel any lumps of stevia in the yogurt.
- Top with fresh blueberries.
Calories per serving (as per ingredients)
- 154 calories
For more Healthy Low Calorie Snack Recipes, click here.