If you are trying to stay true to a healthy diet during long hours of work or perhaps on a road trip, we have put together some healthy snack box recipes for you to enjoy. These snacks don’t require heating or microwaving before consumption.
The term “snacks” is commonly associated with unhealthy food. However, that is not always the case. If you choose your snacks wisely and take extra ingredients, snacks can play a vital role in your diet.
Healthy snacks give you the right energy boost you need in the middle of the day. Having a healthy snack between meals is the perfect way to control your cravings and keep you from munching on food options that are not as healthy.
Healthy Snack Box Recipes
Here are some easy-to-prepare healthy snack box recipes that you can pack for work or a long road long. These healthy snacks are perfect for having a small meal to satisfy your cravings and keep you full between meals.
1. Grilled Chicken and Vegetables Snack Box
Who doesn’t love chicken, right? Having chicken is the best way to add protein to your diet. Grilled chicken and vegetables also make an excellent snack box meal. Let’s take a look at how you can prepare this healthy snack.
- ½ kg boneless chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Soya sauce
- Lemon juice
- Fresh or frozen vegetables (you can use any vegetable you like)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mixed herbs
- To prepare this snack, start by marinating the boneless chicken breast in a tablespoon of soya sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper, and half a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat your grilling pan after spreading some oil on it using an oil brush.
- Cook the chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes until it is done.
- Place the cooked chicken on a chopping board and cut it into slices or cubes, whichever way you prefer.
- Chop and grill the vegetables on the same grill pan until they have reached the desired tenderness.
- Store in the snack box separately and enjoy.
2. Rainbow Salad
A rainbow salad makes an excellent healthy snack, and it is super-easy to make. Here is how to get started.
- Vegetables of your choice
- Lemon juice
- Salad dressing (optional)
- Chop up your favorite vegetables and mix them in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and combine well.
- You can add salad dressing for extra flavor. Enjoy!
3. Hard-Boiled Eggs, Baked Potatoes, and Mixed Fruit (Blueberries + Strawberries)
A combination of eggs, potatoes, and fruits makes for a nutritious meal.
- Mixed herbs
- Start by hard boiling two eggs. Remove the shells and cut the eggs in half.
- To bake the potatoes, remove the skin and cut the potatoes into vertical pieces. Soak in water to remove the excess starch.
- Then line the potatoes on baking paper and drizzle some oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Top them with mixed herbs and bake for around 30 minutes until well cooked. You can boil the potatoes before cooking to reduce the baking time.
- Slice some strawberries and rinse the berries.
- Add these items separately to the snack box.
4. Vegetable & Egg Sandwich
There is nothing like having a perfectly delicious egg sandwich on a road trip or between meals. If you love including breakfast items at different times of the day, then this healthy snack box recipe is just what you need.
Adding low-fat cheese or cream cheese, whole-wheat Italian bread, and hot sauce will take this recipe to a new level. Here is how to make the perfect sandwich
- Bell pepper
- Italian bread or regular whole-wheat bread from your favorite bakery
- Small-sized onions
- Garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Low-fat butter
- Low-fat cheese slices (optional)
- Low-fat mayonnaise (optional)
- Ketchup or hot sauce
To prepare this delicious sandwich, follow the instructions below:
- Combine and beat two eggs using a whisk. Season the egg mixture with salt, pepper, chili flakes, and garlic powder.
- Add one tablespoon of extra virgin cooking oil to a cooking pan and give it a minute to heat. To avoid having your vegetables blended with the eggs, add one diced bell pepper and one thinly sliced onion.
- Stir them until they are adequately cooked and have reached the desired tenderness. Turn the heat to medium once the vegetables are done because you don’t want your eggs to burn.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Once the butter starts to form tiny bubbles, add the egg mixture and sit continuously using a spatula for about two to four minutes. Keep stirring until the eggs are properly cooked.
- Don’t worry if the eggs don’t turn out as fluffy with the vegetables as they usually are cooked separately. We promise they will be just as delicious.
- Once this is done, it is time to remove the pan from the heat and dish out the eggs. Add some coriander to the eggs to add freshness.
- Cut the bread loaf vertically and open it.
- Add hot sauce, mayonnaise, and a cheese slice and spread it on the bread.
- Then add the delicious scrambled eggs with vegetables. If you want your sandwich to be fluffy, add more eggs.
- Lightly grease your grill pan with butter or oil to toast the sandwich on both sides. You can even use a sandwich maker in this step.
- Once this is done, wrap your sandwich in butter paper before placing it in the snack box, allowing your sandwich to stay fresh. Enjoy!
Our Concluding Thoughts
In conclusion, consuming healthy food between meals helps curb your appetite to prevent overeating during meals, with the added benefit of providing you with essential nutrients that allow for the smooth functioning of your body system.
We hope this guide will help you put together healthy snacks for your snack box.